[talk-ph] Ifugao's southeastern border

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 02:20:26 GMT 2011

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 10:06 PM, maning sambale
<emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 2:05 AM, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm inclined to delete the border along this part and transfer the
>> tags to the corresponding parts of the river.
>
> I suggest we separate rivers from admin borders in this case, rivers
> change its course through time:
>
> http://www.geo-tag.info/2011/01/20/map-of-ancient-courses-of-the-mississippi-river/

There are actually two scenarios:

1) The border *is* the river and follows it even if the river changes course

2) The border is fixed and doesn't follow the river if it changes course

Number 2 is only feasible if there was an actual survey of the border
done to fix it. I'm not sure if the Spanish or the Americans did that
when these provincial boundaries were established.