[talk-ph] Quirino Bridge, Banaoang, Santa, Ilocos Sur

tutubi tutubi at backpackingphilippines.com
Mon Feb 21 08:33:11 GMT 2011

Hi !

I again went to Vigan to stay for the night from Sta. Cruz last week, on my
way I tried to route and noticed
my Nuvi's directing me to use the old bridge, instead of the new one.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=17.55973&lon=120.46364&zoom=16

on my way back it's still the same. Any idea why?  guess it's because the
old bridge is linked to the highway, the new one
is a completely new way thus it's treated as a turn.

also, from Vigan, I saw DPWH billboards decalring the portion of the road
under repair as Manila North Road...the road's tagged as
Narvacan - Vigan...street signs say it's National Highway and yet the DPWH
billboard says Manila North Road.

Hoping for a Bing update for Vigan and Ilocos Sur so we can have more
complete road network there. Noticed also the missing Ilocos Sur- Abra Road
near Narvacan on the map.

--
---
I explore, therefore I blog.