[talk-ph] Be careful in tracing from Bing Maps

Rally de Leon ralleon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 04:04:51 GMT 2011

the one i'm using on windows: JOSM (version 3767)

While Bing Imagery & GPS traces are shown on the JOSM's background:
click on menu: Imagery --> New offset

then a new window will pop-up "Adjust imagery offset" (with Easting /
Northing correction & Bookmark name)
while this pop-up is showing,
-use mouse "left-button" to drag, align/correct offset of Bing Imagery
-use mouse "right-button" to pan & drag the entire workspace,
to check & verify if your "offset correction" is the best-fit for the
particular area.
re-adjust (using left-button) as necessary. once you are happy with the offset,
you may want to bookmark that particular offset settings for that
particular place
on JOSM by saving it under a "bookmark name" --

To access the particular bookmarked "offset/correction", click
Imagery->New offset

to delete/manage Offset bookmarks: press F12 ---> WMS/TMS button -->
Offset bookmarks (tab)