[talk-ph] Slum Mapping Party (was Re: OSM related research in slum areas (BASECO and Sitio Pajo))

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 07:49:55 GMT 2011

I just got home from the GK mapping with Rally.  Just an important
note, GPS alone won't work on high density slum areas.  We tried a
couple of approach: GPS, map sketching, compass and a laser range
finder.  Will post details later.

One very cool thing that happened at the end of the day is that our
German contact (Philip Paar) donated one Etrex HC for our group!

It's on the list now.  So if anyone wants to use them, post your
request in the wike:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Philippines/GPStogo_program