[talk-ph] Non-mapping question

tutubi tutubi at backpackingphilippines.com
Tue Jan 25 06:39:17 GMT 2011

Hi Jim,

your suggested alternate is via Makban? I have yet to take it so I can't
comment. only the recently opened toll road from SLEX to sto tomas makes
this a little easier but i doubt if it will shorten your travel time than
braving calamba traffic

how about c5 then ortigas or eastbank road to taytay then hway 2000 to
manila east road? there's also C6 to Taytay where it's a short drive to
Manila East Road but have yet to actually see if it's already navigable by
car on the Taytay end. that's a place i plan to explore soon since it's near
my new home near the pasig/cainta area

i take the rizal route due to it's predictability with no toll fees, yes,
and the only traffic there is on the Antipolo side. I take Marcos Highway to
Masinag then Sumulong. I've yet to take Ortigas Avenue but it's manageable
from EDSA to junction (where I often pass by en route to Cainta) Even
without the GPS, the route is easy for it's always a left turn from Masinag
:P

suggest you leave earlier than 10am to avoid the opening of the malls :P

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Jim Morgan <jim at datalude.com> wrote:

> tutubi wrote, On Tuesday, 25 January, 2011 10:37 AM:
> > total distance from trinoma via rizal is about 90 kms while via calamba
> is probably 110 kms. 10am is quite late so expect heavy traffic too from
> Calamba to Los Banos
>
> How about, for example, going past the Calumba turn and coming off at San
> Rafael near Tanauan? Then Pan Philippine Highway, make a left at San Felix,
> and rejoin the main road at Bay? Probably an extra 20km, but it avoids
> Calamba and Los Banos?
>
> Jim
>
> --
>
>   datalude: information security
>   e: jim at datalude.com
>   Philippines: +63 2 403 1311 / mob: +63 917 849 3939
>   Hong Kong: +852 6840 6693
>   w: http://www.datalude.com/

---
I explore, therefore I blog.