[talk-ph] OSM, planet.pm (perl module installing), planetosm-excerpt-area.pl in Mac OS X

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 03:57:41 BST 2011

This might be moot, but the simplest way to use a Perl module is to
just copy the module directory/file to the same directory as the Perl
script that uses it (assuming that the Perl module is all Perl
code--if the module links to non-Perl code such as C libraries, then
you need to actually install the Perl module).

Properly installing a (all Perl code) Perl module is only needed if
you want multiple Perl scripts in different locations in your drive to
be able to access it. But for one-off scripts, you can just copy the
Perl module directory/file to the same directory.