[talk-ph] Some consumer reactions about using GPS/satnav in the Philippines

tutubi tutubi at backpackingphilippines.com
Mon Jun 6 06:52:14 BST 2011

yuga more than a year ago mentioned on his blog GPS was useless in the
philippines...
no i didn't take it up with him...he still doesn't know waypoints then and
was really well informed about GPS
except those units loaned/demoed to him

I sometimes use wikimapia to get the coordinates but i have to double check
with others if absent on OSM.
the watchtower in Luna, La Union I first found on wikimapia (then untagged),
then BING relased the high-res imagery of the place :P

i usually search the keyword then just add wikimapia to my search query if
i'm too lazy to add site:wikimapia.org
that is one thing i can't do on OSM (or i don't know how)
On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 10:42 PM, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com>wrote:

> See this blog post and the comments:
>
> http://www.yugatech.com/blog/toys-gadgets/do-you-really-need-gps-in-the-car/
>
> (Andre even pitched in for OSM!) :-)
>
> One thing I learned, people actually use Wikimapia to plan trips! (It
> actually makes some sense, now that I think about it.)

---
I explore, therefore I blog.

http://www.backpackingphilippines.com