[talk-ph] Garmin's City Navigator Southeast Asia map

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 16:30:38 BST 2011

Hi guys,

I've only just learned today that Garmin is selling an official map
for Southeast Asia for $99:
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=89538

They don't have detailed coverage for the Philippines, but major urban
areas (at least Metro Manila, Cebu, Davao) seem to have enough detail.
Somebody actually went and did a visual comparison between City
Navigator and RoadGuide.ph for several places:
http://www.istorya.net/forums/gizmos-and-gadgets/400144-gps-in-the-philippines.html

Has anybody tried City Navigator? At $99 (and I don't know if that
includes upgrades), it seems too expensive especially since we have
OSM and (if you're a contributor) RoadGuide.ph maps for free.

Eugene