[talk-ph] ideas for tracking stepjuan's journey (Fwd: STEPJUAN Bai: A walking expedition for Children with Cancer)

Jim Morgan jim at datalude.com
Tue Mar 8 01:27:44 GMT 2011

Andre Marcelo-Tanner wrote, On Monday, 07 March, 2011 08:51 PM:
> Make sure to test the actual droid phone + app to see how fast it can acquire a GPS lock and send it with the tweet or else it might be sending tweets without the GEO info

But this is pretty much what the Globe GPS tracking system does, except it sends the co-ordinates by SMS, I understand. And given that the walk is for a good cause, I'm sure they'd be approachable and would a) give you a free GPS tracker plan and b) help you promote the cause.

I'd definitely second the solar charger idea.

Jim

--

   datalude: information security
   e: jim at datalude.com
   Philippines: +63 2 403 1311 / mob: +63 917 849 3939
   Hong Kong: +852 6840 6693
   w: http://www.datalude.com/