[talk-ph] GPS article

Jim Morgan jim at datalude.com
Tue Mar 8 06:11:52 GMT 2011

On Tuesday, 08 March, 2011 12:19 PM, Michael Cole wrote:
> Of course other things went down, eg phones.. Because they were also jammed to
> stop the sailors using phones to call ship to ship..
>
> GPS is more and more needed but the ATM's themselves do not have gps units..
> Unless they were mobile ATMS..
Well that was kind of the point ... The ATMs *did *use GPS, as the ATM
system used GPS for their accurate time signal. No one anticipated it
would fail until this test was run.

My main business is IT security, and that involves a component of risk
analysis. This is the kind of risk which is very hard to spot, and one
which will come out of left field and take you down. Which is why I
personally found it so interesting.

Jim