[talk-ph] routing errors in davao city

tutubi tutubi at backpackingphilippines.com
Thu Mar 31 04:44:23 BST 2011

hi!

anyone based in davao? was there for 2 days (tuesday and wednesday) again
after 7 years and boy, davao is really booming!

Since I already stored the coordinates of my destination prior to my trips,
i noticed routing errors caused by JP Laurel depicted as dual-carriageway
that should only be a single-carriageway, 4 lane highway that's actually
davao's main road

the only segments i noticed where it should be depicted as dual are those
near the Bajada interchange, and portions near Victory mall (where turn
restriction should also be placed) and probably near C.M. Recto near Marco
Polo

another such road is C.P Garcia leading to the airport and probably portions
of davao-agusan highway

Davao City has great coverage but routing is problematic due to the
dual-carriageways (a similar case in Cebu City's Archbishop Reyes)

Hope we can clean things up. I'll be going back there in a few months time

--
---
I explore, therefore I blog.

http://www.backpackingphilippines.com