[talk-ph] quiapo's electronics, photography and optical shops?

tutubi tutubi at backpackingphilippines.com
Tue May 10 06:26:08 BST 2011

rem,

i don't need to bring my gps there, even one of my phones, dress down is
always the name of the game in places like this...my years of scouring
quiapo, sta cruz and Recto U during college days (while living in sampaloc)
made me remember their locations and now with hi-res Bing it's quite easy. I
only added favorite/popular stores i frequent including some good, cheap
eats in that part of town (like the still popular Globe lumpia even if globe
theater is no longer extant). there are stores also there selling authentic
second hand items (e.g. CDs and DVDs) tucked somewhere near the bike shops

quiapo is like a mall, downtown area that's vanishing due to the economic
suction created by gigantic malls.
at least it has retained the "shopping" streets that still attract hordes of
people

--
---
I explore, therefore I blog.