[talk-ph] OMG! A tagging proposal for trees!

Jim Morgan jim at datalude.com
Tue May 17 15:44:21 BST 2011

maning sambale wrote, On Tuesday, 17 May, 2011 08:45 PM:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tree_table

I sometimes wonder how OSM contributors figure on the Yale Brown Obsessive-Compulsive scale. A little is obviously a good thing. Categorising trees according to shape indicates something is a little out of whack to me. Trees grow / die / get chopped down! Maybe they should have a tag to indicate whether they have leaves or not, which we can change every Autumn and then back again every spring?

Or maybe there are more useful things to map.

Jim

--

   datalude: information security
   e: jim at datalude.com
   Philippines: +63 2 403 1311 / mob: +63 917 849 3939
   Hong Kong: +852 6840 6693
   w: http://www.datalude.com/