[talk-ph] Pateros Mapping Party on May 28!

Rally de Leon ralleon at gmail.com
Mon May 23 02:57:55 BST 2011

nice. So, we'll also be mapping a portion of Bgy Buting Pasig (east side of
Concepcion Ave up to Kalayaan Ave) as well as a portion of Elizco Road, Bgy
San Joaquin Pasig up to Lexington Garden?

Which slice can we use car mapping? and which on foot?

experiment: In case I'll be assigned for car-mapping, can I request for
volunteers with point-&-shoot camera (although preferably something that can
shoot fast on readable texts of business signboards). Somebody who will
shoot at left-side & right-side of the car (it's sometimes tricky to
determine which pictures were taken on left side & right side of the road).
Syncing time with a gpsr, it's possible to collect more data & faster
(without attracting attention, because the car has slightly-tinted window).
That way we finish early, we eat the pateros-balut paired with cold SanMig
afterwards ;-)

btw, camera mapping may not work on residential areas & depressed areas (i
believe Pateros don't have that many commercial establishments, bahala na.
I'll bring a portable bicycle) :-)