[talk-ph] Grande Island Resort is using OSM

Ed Garcia eppgarcia at gmail.com
Sun May 29 16:24:38 BST 2011

I suggest adding the ferry route from the terminal at the Waterfront road to
the Island so that it can be used by the routing services if one requests a
route from Manila to the Island.

I have just added the resort to waypointsdotph:
http://waypoints.ph/vmap.php?wpt=rr0082
If a ferry route is added at OSM, the routing services can calculate routes
up to the island.

Well, I guess my question is, need we wait for GPS traces of the ferry
route?  or can we go ahead and plot the most probable route of the ferry?

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 10:01 PM, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I just sent them an email message (though it was to
> sales at grandeislandresort.com--there was no general email address). :-)
>
> On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 6:48 PM, maning sambale
> <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear Eugene,
> >
> > Have you tried sending them a message with the correct html embed code?
> >
> > On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Grande Island Resort in Subic Bay is using OSM to show their location
> >> in their website: http://www.grandeislandresort.com/location.html
> >>
> >> Unfortunately, the marker shown in the map is about a hundred
> >> kilometers off the actual location of the resort:
> >> http://osm.org/go/4zMqrIm?m
> >>
> > --
> > cheers,
> > maning