[talk-ph] Anonymous edits for POI and Street No. Address (i.e. Address)

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Tue May 31 05:13:20 BST 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Noli Sicad <nsicad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just read this post (below) from OSM talk archive.
>
> Anonymous Edits
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2011-May/058385.html.
Further down the thread you mentioned, are the general sentiments of
the osm community regarding this issue.  The general consensus is that
anonymous edits are discouraged.

> This is very useful to get the street no. and geolocation of the
> address in the Phils.
>
> Maning, I guess you have experience in geo tweets to get the lonlat
> data. How do you do that to display in Openlayers?
I was not able to pursue that project with stepjuan.

> I am interested to get those lonlat for in my iphone / ipad OpenLayers
> app (i.e OSM, Bing, Google Maps in one app).
>
> BTW, I just manage to compile OpenLayers jquery mobile for ipad and
> iphone as stand alone apps.
>
> Twitter can help can help get those street number and street names for
> the Phil database for Garmin OSM project.
Here's a site showing real time geo-tweets.
http://aworldoftweets.frogdesign.com/