[talk-ph] test site for ph mapwarper

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 02:24:02 GMT 2011

Sharing with you a test site I am currently working on called Ph MapWarper:

http://ec2-50-17-155-14.compute-1.amazonaws.com/

It is free and open access online catalog of Philippine paper maps.
Where you can find maps and other imagery, upload, and rectify against
a real map. You can then download and use the rectified map in your
mapping applications.

This is a fork of Tim Waters map warper/rectifier [0].  For video
tutorial on how to use the app, check out NYPL's video [1 and 2].

At the moment, we have uploaded several hundreds of 1950's topo maps
ready for rectification.  In the future, I see this as an additional
resource for OSM.  Feel free to play around, this is still in beta and
hosted on Amazon EC2 Micro instance (maybe slow  at times).

Enjoy!

[0] https://github.com/maning/mapwarper
[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO9cGOqrhYo
[2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8ms_eBU8MQ