[talk-ph] mega-micro-detail or even coverage?

ianlopez ian_lopez_1115 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 09:47:19 BST 2011

I'm also guilty of that.

Admissions aside, I think that we should have a tier/level for a more even coverage

Tier/Level1: Major highways, large rivers

Tier/Level2: Minor highways, enclosed waterways (lakes, lagoons)

Tier/Level3: Buildings, landuse, small rivers and streams

Tier/Level4: POI's (amenities and shops)

Tier/Level 5: Picnic tables, individual trees, wastebaskets, lamp posts

Example: If one mapper in a certain area maps at least 60-70% of elements needed in Tier/Level1, he can go on to mapping 60-70% of elements needed in Tier/Level 2, and so on. It doesn't mean that  everyone has to follow it, but at least we have some guide/idea on what to map first.

Tony Montana: Me, I want what's coming to me.
Manny Ribera: Oh, well what's coming to you?
Tony Montana: The world, chico, and everything in it.
-----
Blog: http://ianlopez1115.wordpress.com/
OpenStreetMap/Twitter: ianlopez1115
Facebook: ian.lopez