[talk-ph] Fwd: [OSM-talk] Installing your own tileserver on Ubuntu

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 10:42:07 BST 2011

> Not sure if it was missing the step of putting my username in the setup
> script which meant it doesn't work, or something else. But as I can't get
> postgresql to remove and reinstall properly, there's no way I can tell. I'm
> thinking it will be quicker to reinstall the OS fresh and start from there.
> Sigh. Wish I'd done it in a VM now ...

I think osm2pgsql ReadMe would be helpful to make PostgreSQL / PostGIS working.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql

These script will be probably useful to make it working.

$ sudo -u postgres psql -d <dbname> -c "ALTER TABLE geometry_columns
OWNER TO <username>"
$ sudo -u postgres psql -d <dbname> -c "ALTER TABLE spatial_ref_sys
OWNER TO <username>"

The 900913 is not normally included with postgis. To add it you
should run:

$ sudo -u postgres psql -d <dbname> -f 900913.sql

If you want to use hstore support then you will also need to enable
the PostgreSQL
hstore-new extension.

$ sudo -u postgres psql <dbname> < /usr/share/postgresql/8.4/contrib/hstore.sql

Noli