[talk-ph] my sotm2011 lighning talk

Jim Morgan jim at datalude.com
Thu Oct 13 05:52:57 BST 2011

maning sambale wrote, On Wednesday, 12 October, 2011 09:43 PM:
> Here's a post on what I said or suppose to say in <10minutes lighning
> talk in SOTM11 in Denver last month.
>
> https://epsg4253.wordpress.com/2011/10/12/state-of-the-philippine-map-my-sotm2011-talk/

Great stuff. You realise however that Yahoo imagery has now been withdrawn though?

"In September 2011 Yahoo sadly shut down their aerial imagery service completely. Luckily we have, since 2010, had a similar agreement with Bing (Microsoft). On the whole bing's imagery is superior, although not everywhere."
  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Yahoo!_Aerial_Imagery

Just thought I'd mention it on the list, as I only just found out about it myself recently.

Jim

--

   datalude: information security
   e: jim at datalude.com
   Philippines: +63 2 403 1311 / mob: +63 917 849 3939
   Hong Kong: +852 6840 6693
   w: http://www.datalude.com/