[talk-ph] Wikipedia mobile app now uses OSM

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 22:52:32 BST 2012

Yes, Wikipedia mobile app uses Leaflet and PhoneGap. PhoneGap
addresses fragmented mobile OSes for mobile devices.

Google is funny. It is blocking Openlayers apps that uses Google Maps
as data source. It pops up a modal dialog - "Map Data". I observed it
in my mobile prototype apps lately.

Moving away from Openlayers and Google Maps and I am using Leaflet now
with jQTouch + a bit of PhoneGap. However, QuickConnect is superior
compare to PhoneGap.

Noli