[talk-ph] Wikipedia mobile app now uses OSM

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 12:16:43 BST 2012

I am just looking at the guts of Wikipedia mobile app and see what
sort of services it uses.

I found out it is also using Geonames (see code below). It also uses
JSON to get the lat and long.

Noli
###############

#geo.js

function geoLookup(latitude, longitude, lang, success, error) {
		var requestUrl =
"http://ws.geonames.net/findNearbyWikipediaJSON?formatted=true&";
		requestUrl += "lat=" + latitude + "&";
		requestUrl += "lng=" + longitude + "&";