[talk-ph] Fwd: Routable map has bugs

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 09:13:41 BST 2012

Dear list,

I got this message from Xycris.  I did check the area of concern, but
I didn't find any obvious errors.  Here's another message he/she sent
me privately inclduing coordinates for routing tests.

Good day Sir Emmanuel,

First and foremost, thank you very much for the effort of bringing a
Philippine map for GPS enabled devices.

I have just registered to OSM but I am reluctant to make any edits for
I don't know how to do it that I might just sabotage the works laid by
many other contributors.

> Here is the error Information made by MapSource:

App: MapSource
At: 8/13/2012 5:25:43 AM (UTC)
OS: Windows 7 (64-bit) Service Pack 1
Processor: x86, Processor Level: 6, Processors: 4, Model 42 Stepping
7, RAM: 8297160
MPL_MAP.CPP-2243-6.16.3.0

Products Installed:
Name: OSM Philippines 20120810
IdL 41877505
Version 1.0
Type: Standard
Map: 63240005
Error code: 3

Here is my description as to how I came up with the error:
MapSource gives an error when creating routes for a certain stretch of
road, namely the Tubod Highway in Iligan City, Lanao del Norte,
Philippines. This error can be observed by making a route from Cagayan
de Oro City to Kolambugan or Ozamis City and vice versa. The error is
specifically generated when routing from the following Tubod Highway
coordinates: N8 12.544 E124 13.106 to N8 13.212 E124 14.505 and vice
versa.

I don't know how to edit that in OSM but I found that along that
stretch of the highway, two or three gates were in place. I am
guessing these gate markers are cauing the error in MapSource. But I
am not sure if this is really the case cause I haven't edited it.
Traveling on that area, I believe the gate was meant for the entrance
and exit of the now closed National Steel Corporation and not on the
highway. There are no gates on the highway itself. The National Steel
Corporation is located near the sea side of the Tubod Highway.

Sincerely,
Xycris