[talk-ph] Philippines License Change-over Readiness - Contact and Remapping

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 05:40:39 GMT 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 1:28 AM, Michael Collinson <mike at ayeltd.biz> wrote:
> As for the actual remapping, my guess is that it won't be easy as there will
> be nice maps of places that no one else knows and you can't get to easily.
> Perhaps these should simply be left alone. What would be very helpful is
> looking at major highways so that routing is not impaired. I am looking a
> the Jose Abad Santos Avenue just south of San Fernando now [1]. As they have
> been touched by many folks, they may have problematic stretches but can
> easily be remapped. The route is easy to see on Bing and there is GPS trace,
> you probably know the name and reference number ... you can check the
> history to see if the maxspeed and lanes was contributed by an accepting
> contributor ... if not, tough, it gets lost else copy onto a new way.

Many of the major highways of Cavite and Tagaytay needs remapping.
Good thing there's Bing already and the GPS traces from the Cavite
Mapping Party would help.

View in OSM Inspector:

http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=wtfe&lon=120.82635&lat=14.25160&zoom=12&overlays=overview,wtfe_point_clean,wtfe_line_clean,wtfe_point_harmless,wtfe_line_harmless,wtfe_point_modified,wtfe_line_modified_cp,wtfe_line_modified,wtfe_point_created,wtfe_line_created_cp,wtfe_line_created

http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=wtfe&lon=120.90737&lat=14.12878&zoom=12&overlays=overview,wtfe_point_clean,wtfe_line_clean,wtfe_point_harmless,wtfe_line_harmless,wtfe_point_modified,wtfe_line_modified_cp,wtfe_line_modified,wtfe_point_created,wtfe_line_created_cp,wtfe_line_created