[talk-ph] Mapping for flash flood affected areas in Northern Mindanao, Philippines

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 12:52:24 GMT 2012

Dear everyone,

Mappy new year!

Thanks to everyone who helped in improving data in CDO and Iligan.  We
have made great progress in the last few days [0].  In the case of
Iligan, a local mapper is now taking over and is now adding road names
and other important map features.

I am also happy to report that the UN-OCHA Philippines is now aware
and is using our data for the situation maps they are producing [1], I
earnestly hope this is the start of future collaborations with the
local UN-OCHA office.

The situation is getting better down south, however, health reports
indicated that there are possibilities of a leptospirosis outbreak in
some evacuation centers.

[0] http://www.itoworld.com/product/data/ito_map/main?view=129&lat=8.318719428427448&lon=124.5563099614701&zoom=11
[1] http://ph.one.un.org/response/maps/index.php