[talk-ph] Philippines License Change-over Readiness - Contact and Remapping

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Tue Jan 10 12:44:24 GMT 2012

Hi Manning,

On 10/01/2012 05:09, maning sambale wrote:
> What is the timeline of the  LWG to send another batch of bulk mails?
> This maybe a good target for us to start re-mapping after say a few
> days/weeks of no response.  Just my opinion, but a Tagalog letter is
> not really necessary.

We cannot target bulk emails by country but we have had some success via
browser language preferences.  My guess, which I will confirm tonight
with Richard, is that anyone with English as only preference will have
already received a second mailing, late Nov/Dec as I recall, and anyone
with Tagolog no.  If anyone is so missed, I will request an immediate
mailing in English.  We think two mails is enough, those that have got
them have read them and those that haven't is because of spam filters
and old email addresses.

> Is it part of the plan to remove GPS traces of non-agreeing mapper as well?

Not entirely. I've not managed to stimulate discussion on this one, but
I feel the best thing to do would be to remove the integration into the
main OSM database, (the blue lines you can bring up in Potlatch), to
prevent tracing. The original trace files, (what you see under the
website "GPS Traces") can be left as-is under a CC-BY-SA license. My
personal preference, and I stress personal, is to use them in the future
to carefully experiment with multiple-licensing, i.e. when you upload a
trace, you can choose one or more license for it. PD and non-commercial
could be included.  If it is compatible with the main license, other
folks can see it for tracing, otherwise not.

Mike