[talk-ph] OpenStreetMap Philippines: 2011 Year in Review

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 13:48:20 GMT 2012

Thanks for this comprehensive write-up Eugene. You don't have to add
this in your blog, but I just want to note two things:

1. Last year, I have extensively used OSM data in many of our research
initiatives and in many free and open source geospatial workshops.
OSM data proves to be a very important data source for us.
2. During geo-meetings I often introduce OSM as data produced by
"amateur" mappers.  I say we drop "amateur".  We are MAPPERS! And we
are creating the best free map for the Philippines!