[talk-ph] trunk roads in Mindanao under massive road improvements

tutubi tutubi at backpackingphilippines.com
Tue Mar 6 03:33:09 GMT 2012

hi maning,

does that include the link between Surigao del Norte and Del Sur? Should be
trunk road but currently tagged primary.
about 14 kilometers of it is rough where only 4x4, trucks and buses can
pass (about an hour travel through the very rough road). Ironically, the
big mining companies of Surigao are there, the ones attacked by the NPA
last year (when I passed by, i still saw burnt dump trucks and smoke from
barges). makes you wonder if mining realy improves the community (gives you
a job but look at the environment, Surigao's hills are going to be
flattened and the rivers turned to red color of clay, plus they can't even
fix the road.

I didn't change the road classification because of this rough road status,
it's shorter if you want to get to Surigao del Sur, better pass by Butuan
from Surigao City

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 10:34 AM, maning sambale
<emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com>wrote:

> Just a short note that if you have plans to travel around Mindanao.
>
> There are extensive road project improvements all over the island and
> you should allocate additional time (my planned travel of four hours
> took 5 hours) for your travel schedules.

---
I explore, therefore I blog.

http://www.backpackingphilippines.com

"I don't need a map! I have the GPS. Never need a map again, thank you"
                              - Car lost on Route 66, Radiator Springs
(Cars)