[talk-ph] Edits from Barangay Luz and Basak San Nicolas Street Mapping Party uploaded to OSM

Neil Taylor taylor at itpworld.net
Tue May 15 05:00:12 BST 2012

Happy to help Maning - Here you go!

David may have some other photos to share from the day too.

We are in preparing a simple ‘how to’ guide which documents the process we used in Basak San Nicolas and Luz so that other Barangays or government departments can use open source tools such as JOSM and OSM to replicate the map layers we have created for these two areas.  We envisage this will be published by the World Bank for inclusion on their online learning portal (http://wbi.worldbank.org/wbi/), and anywhere else that would be appropriate (maybe the OSM wiki?).

We would be delighted if you could comment on a draft (which we will be happy to circulate to the talk-ph discussion group) and have the OSM PH community’s contribution recognised in some way – maybe the inclusion of a logo (do you have one), reference to your email ring, and specific acknowledgements to those who gave advice/time?

Let me know what you think about the suggestion above.  We envisage having a draft version of the ‘how to’ guide ready in the next couple of weeks.

Best regards

Neil

Neil Taylor

Principal Consultant

Integrated Transport Planning Ltd.

32a Stoney Street

The Lace Market

Nottingham

NG1 1LL

  <http://www.linkedin.com/company/integrated-transport-planning-ltd.?trk=fc_badge>

T:  +44 (0) 115 988 6903

UK Mobile: +44 (0) 7780 710152 (UK)

PH Mobile: +63 (0) 947 4856017 (Philippines)

E:  taylor at itpworld.net <mailto:taylor at itpworld.net>

W: www.itpworld.net <http://www.itpworld.net>

Skype: neil.taylor42

BT MeetMe Number 0844 5610005

BT MeetMe Passcode 20233903#

Offices in Birmingham, Milton Keynes and Nottingham

Registered in England and Wales No: 3485430

Registered office: 50 North Thirteenth Street, Milton Keynes, MK9 3BP

VAT Number: 705011395

P Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.