[talk-ph] New Bing Imagery

Ed Garcia eppgarcia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 14:23:14 GMT 2012

I was viewing satellite imagery of the Angat, Bulacan area as I was
preparing for a trip to GK Enchanted Farm tomorrow.  I was pleasantly
surprised to see that Bing imagery in JOSM for the said area was better
(cloudless, hi-res) than Google Maps satellite or even Google Earth!
Amazing

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 10:02 PM, maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Great news! Eugene and I were just discussing a few hours when will Bing
> update its imagery, and now this.
>
> At this pace, Bing can cover most of the country in a few years or less.
>
> Maning Sambale (mobile)
> On Nov 22, 2012 9:51 PM, "Eugene Alvin Villar" <seav80 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Totor,
>>
>> Great find!
>>
>> It seems Bing is ahead of schedule! I wasn't expecting new imagery until
>> December (since they released updates in June and in September)
>>
>> Here are other areas I found that have new imagery:
>>
>> 1. A big patch covering northwest Mindoro (Lubang to Puerto Galera) and
>> southwest Batangas (Calatagan towards Taal Lake)
>>
>> 2. A vertical strip passing through southern Isabela, eastern Quirino,
>> and northern Aurora
>>
>> 3. A vertical strip passing through Cagayan. Cagayan is now almost
>> completely covered and the whole of Tuguegarao is now covered.
>>
>> 4. A vertical strip in Misamis Oriental to Lanao del Norte. Laguindingan
>> Airport is now covered and I think almost all of Cagayan de Oro's land area
>> as well
>>
>> 5. A really tall vertical strip from just east of Marawi City all the way
>> to the westernmost portion of Sarangani.
>>
>> 6. A vertical strip in South Cotabato centered around Mt. Matutum.
>>
>> I haven't done an extensive search so there may be others.
>>
>> Bing is releasing imagery faster than we are able to trace them! :-)
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 9:06 PM, Totor <totor_osm at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I think I just found some new Bing Imagery:
>>>
>>> http://osm.totor.ph/Cebu_201204.osm
>>> http://osm.totor.ph/Palawan_201103.osm
>>>
>>> More armchair mapping in view...
>>>
>>> Cheers,