[talk-ph] SOTM 2012 feedback

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 15:08:24 BST 2012

If data editing latency is not a big problem, perhaps we can use a high
capacity server for other things.

>From a data consumer POV, maybe we can:
- create a map style that incorporate PH specific tags that are not shown
in the default osm map (osm-jp's case);
- provide province/municipal extracts in various format like shapefile that
also include ph specific tags (not entirely sure, but I think HOT in
Indonesia did it);
- reliable gps map download;
- imagery server (we currently access some imagery from jgc also of osm-fr);
- sandbox server for many ideas discussed here.

@mike, do you think this is something osm-fr can support?

Maning Sambale (mobile)