[talk-ph] Automated assessment of OSM coastline data quality

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 02:28:23 UTC 2013

Interesting.  Thanks for sharing Eugene.

I think the common issue for the Philippines is the third case in the
first image ("coastline with detailed but inaccurate approximation").
When we started the coastline correction 3 years ago, there was very
little hi-res imagery.  For my part, I did most of the corrections
using the Landsat imagery.  Vewing with bing's hires imagery, there is
an obvious offset from the Landsat derived correction.  As mentioned
in the article, this is not considered in the output visualization.

If we can get Cristoph's code for making this visualization, maybe we
can setup another webmap (like the Sawtooth Coastlines webmap) to
coordinate improvements?
Helping Indonesia improve its coastline is a good inter-community
project as well. :)