[talk-ph] ideas on importing deped schools db to OSM

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 17:49:29 UTC 2013

We should not import the data straight out. I've checked some of the data
and some of them are located on the road in front of the school and not on
the school itself.

Also, I think we can provide our own value to the data. Instead of adding
nodes corresponding to the data points, let's trace the actual school area
and add buildings as well. For this, we need to intersect the DepEd data
with the Bing imagery outlines.

For data located in areas without Bing imagery (or other hi-res), I think
we can import as nodes.

Question: is the SCHOOL_ID attribute an official ID that we can use for the
ref=* tag? Or is this just a database primary key ID?