[talk-ph] ideas on importing deped schools db to OSM

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 03:58:52 UTC 2013

> It might be better to divide the data also along geographical lines. For
> example, by provinces and then divide the data per province into smaller
> chunks like Ilocose Norte 1, Ilocos Norte 2, etc.
>
> I think chunks of 100 is much more manageable. I certainly don't think I can
> process 500 schools in 1 or 2 sittings.

Here's a screenshot of the splitted data in 100 nodes
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-2WZQ1DwK_xRFpKcHJyaEh6REE/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-2WZQ1DwK_xa0pkQ2tpNmhacGc/edit?usp=sharing

The ES shapefile is ~190 tiles.

> I suggest to add the upload=false XML attribute to the OSM files to avoid
> accidentally uploading it to OSM.
Yes, the ogr2osm script adds this.  But the splitter I use doesn't
will investigate further.