[talk-ph] Tagging Subdivisions

Jim Morgan jim at datalude.com
Fri Apr 26 06:01:46 UTC 2013

Ervin Malicdem wrote, On Thursday, 25 April, 2013 06:16 PM:
> I was checking out openstreetbugs and saw Ian Lopez' comment regarding tagging subdivisions to place=locality
>
> Last year, I got an info from Rally De Leon to tag it as place=neighbourhood
> http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/j7tUCi4HuC1Vtfc5jXvy#i4HuC1Vtfc5jXvy

Just playing devil's advocate here, but as another option, how about tagging them with Philippines-specific tags. Eg place=subdivision, place=barangay etc. I understand that these wouldn't be rendered on the normal OSM, but if we were to ever come up with our own rendering stylesheet, or tileserver, we could use these to display in a local stylee.

Jim

--

   datalude: information security
   e: jim at datalude.com
   Philippines: +63 2 403 1311 / mob: +63 917 849 3939
   Hong Kong: +852 5125 3392
   w: http://www.datalude.com/