[talk-ph] Fort Bonifacio (parts of it) belong to Makati not Taguig

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 15:44:42 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

Here's some map-related news today. Parts of Fort Bonifacio, including the
whole of Bonifacio Global City (BGC) is part of Makati, says the Court of
Appeals:
http://www.rappler.com/nation/35667-fort-bonifacio-makati-boundary-dispute

I'm sure Taguig will bring this to the Supreme Court but until the SC makes
a decision (which may be a few years still), how do we tag the boundaries
in OSM?

Based on the On-the-Ground principle used in OSM, I suggest we only change
the boundaries once we see Makati business registration plates in the
establishments in BGC, or when we see Makati traffic enforcers enforcing
the Makati-style Number Coding in BGC. :-)

Anyway, if you're curious, this is how Makati City sees its territory:
http://www.makati.gov.ph/portal/downloads/download.jsp?id=111