[talk-ph] Just got back from an Aid Mission to the Remote Caluya Islands West of Borocay

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgcailton at openstreetmap.fr
Wed Dec 11 15:32:52 UTC 2013

Hi Mark,

How did you check for DigitalGlobe?

I have noticed that there are images on http://hdds.usgs.gov that are
not in DigitalGlobe WMS, so maybe they are not in their other public
views either.

OSM seems poor compared to your map, so i don't have an accurate global
view of the area you are interested in, but it seems to me that HDDS has
WorldView-2 images near this area, taken also on 2013-11-24, 29 (still
cloudy, but maybe not exactly in the same spots) and on 2013-12-10 (a
bit less cloudy).

You should be able to download the images yourself, after creating an
account. (Choose the NGA_PUBLIC version of the files).

Let me know if I could be of help, e.g. in setting some images up on OSM
FR server in priority.

(I am in the process of downloading hopefully all of the public images,
in case the Charter activation closes today.

Hopefully not, as no post-disaster imagery of the islands near Coron,
Caluya Islands or the south of Mindoro has been acquired yet.

Your report about Caluya Islands will be useful in the request for
extension I'll submit).

Thank you for the great work you and your friends are doing !

Best wishes,

Jean-Guilhem