[talk-ph] [HOT] New Task: Carles Post-Disaster Tracing

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Fri Dec 20 13:56:38 UTC 2013

Hi Mark

JOSM is very powerful with various plugins, features. The Mappaint functionality gives the opportunity to use a mapcss stylesheet to color various objects.  Hjart contributor provides a Damaged buildings Mapcss Style that is specific for editing for the typhoon. This is very useful when reviewing the building status. Every time a buildings is tagged with typhoon:reviewed=yes, it will be colored in green. This make it a lot easier to review all the buildings in a task, since all the buildings reviewed will be colored differently.

To use this style, you need to select it in the Prerences. To do so:
Select the Modify link in the Top menu, and then Preferences.  In the list of button on the left panel, Select the third button (ie. Grid over WorldMap). Select the  Mappaint Tab.
In the list of Styles available, Select Collapsed / Damaged buildings and click validate to terminate.

In the Editor window, among the right panels, you should see the Mappaint Tab where Collapsed / Damaged buildings Mappaint Style will be active.  If you dont see the Mappaint Tab, you will have to select it from the list of available features in the left panel.

From there you should find edting easier. For every building where you add typhoon:reviewed=yes, you should see it colored in green.

Pierre