[talk-ph] Proposed OpenStreetMap Philippines Logo

rem zamora pompyang at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 03:33:51 GMT 2013

Please make the image in vector format so we won't lose resolution even if
we enlarge it. I plan to have stickers made from it. Thanks!

rem

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 8:10 AM, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> It seems that the design with the 3 stars + sun is the overwhelming
> favorite among respondents on an informal Facebook poll:
> https://www.facebook.com/OSMPH/posts/136076383227310
>
> If there are no further comments, we'll start using that design as the
> OSMPH logo (minus the capital star on Manila, per maning's request). I'll
> also start creating a simpler design suitable for B&W and other situations
> where the complex logo can't be reproduced accurately.
>
> Cheers!
> Eugene
>

> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 1:41 AM, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> @Mark,
>>
>> I actually experimented adorning the magnifying glass handle, but it was
>> far too small to be effective.
>>
>> @maning,
>>
>> The capital star wasn't actually there at first, but I decided to add it
>> just to make it a bit more obvious that the map is of the Philippines. But
>> I'm not hooked up on that star so it can go if people prefer that. I've
>> also posted on the OSMPH Facebook page. :-)
>>
>> @Rally,
>>
>> I also plan to make a "lo-fi" version suitable for B&W printing and/or
>> smaller sizes. We can use the "hi-fi" version for posters, tarpaulins, and
>> the like. I know that this could work for stickers as well maybe around
>> 2"x2" since I've seen stickers bearing the official OSM logo.
>>
>> The embroidered logo looks pretty nice and intricate. :-)
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Rally de Leon <ralleon at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Can we ask some people in the paper, sticker and silk-screen printing
>>> business if the logo can be printed small enough on cloth, sticker,
>>> paper & other materials such as mugs, without losing many details.
>>>
>>> Last year I requested my brother to try doing the OSM logo on
>>> embroidery for a possible souvenir patch giveaways. We had a hard time
>>> doing the inside shadings of the Magnifying Glass. The limitation is
>>> the numbers of stitches that can fit in an area, as well as the
>>> 10available colors in the embroidery machine. Attach is the simulated
>>> embroidery (rendering) of the logo if we use our available thread
>>> colors. (too bad the machine broke down even before we made the actual

Rem Zamora
Photojournalist
+63-917-592-74-33
-link to my photos-<http://www.googleplussuomi.com/photobox/?googleid=110367850779921090576>