[talk-ph] New Bing Imagery! (June or July 2013?)

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 17:35:41 UTC 2013

There's no announcement (yet?) from Bing but it seems Bing Maps has
released new high-resolution satellite imagery!

Here's some new imagery that I've seen so far:

1. A huge vertical patch in Luzon: from Nueva Ecija all the way to Batangas
   - Nasugbu and Lian are now covered:
http://osmph.github.io/Imagery_Coverage_Map/#14.058782,120.644087,14
   - Mt. Arayat is now covered:
http://osmph.github.io/Imagery_Coverage_Map/#15.199096,120.750346,14
   - Western half of Cabanatuan is updated (but cloudy):
http://osmph.github.io/Imagery_Coverage_Map/#15.482095,120.961575,14
   - Phase 1 construction of the Tarlac-Pangasinan-La Union Expressway is
now visible:
http://osmph.github.io/Imagery_Coverage_Map/#15.517412,120.663228,14
   - Corregidor is now completely covered:
http://osmph.github.io/Imagery_Coverage_Map/#14.3816,120.592331,14

2. A vertical strip from Camarines Norte to Burias Island
   - Burias Island:
http://osmph.github.io/Imagery_Coverage_Map/#13.007359,123.03164,14
   - Libmanan, Camarines Sur:
http://osmph.github.io/Imagery_Coverage_Map/#13.692065,123.063054,14

3. Vertical strips in Cagayan and Isabela
   - A coverage hole in southeastern Cagayan is now covered:
http://osmph.github.io/Imagery_Coverage_Map/#17.734912,122.065615,14
   - A coverage hole in eastern Isabela is now covered:
http://osmph.github.io/Imagery_Coverage_Map/#16.902169,122.201485,14

4. A vertical strip from La Union to Pangasinan
   - Bangar, La Union is now covered:
http://osmph.github.io/Imagery_Coverage_Map/#16.895681,120.422902,14
   - San Fernando, La Union is now updated:
http://osmph.github.io/Imagery_Coverage_Map/#16.600867,120.310034,14
   - Dagupan-Lingayen are now updated:
http://osmph.github.io/Imagery_Coverage_Map/#16.035791,120.33853,14

5. 2 vertical strips from western Misamis Oriental to northern Lanao del Sur
   - Laguindingan Airport is now updated:
http://osmph.github.io/Imagery_Coverage_Map/#8.612294,124.453768,14
   - Iligan is now updated:
http://osmph.github.io/Imagery_Coverage_Map/#8.228182,124.239621,14
   - Manticao, Misamis Oriental is now covered:
http://osmph.github.io/Imagery_Coverage_Map/#8.403198,124.288308,15
   - Marawi is now completely covered:
http://osmph.github.io/Imagery_Coverage_Map/#8.004539,124.290604,14

6. A vertical strip in Western Palawan
   - Narra is now updated:
http://osmph.github.io/Imagery_Coverage_Map/#9.267024,118.403391,14

7. A vertical strip in Sabah that covers some of the eastern Turtle Islands
   - Taganak Island is now covered:
http://osmph.github.io/Imagery_Coverage_Map/#6.079662,118.313183,14

8. A vertical strip from Zamboanga del Norte to Zamboanga City
   - Eastern islands of Zamboanga City are now covered:
http://osmph.github.io/Imagery_Coverage_Map/#7.154164,122.271437,14

9. A vertical strip from northeastern Camarines Norte to western Sorsogon
   - Eastern Caramoan Peninsula is now completely covered:
http://osmph.github.io/Imagery_Coverage_Map/#13.839621,123.796648,14
   - The coastal areas of Legazpi are now updated:
http://osmph.github.io/Imagery_Coverage_Map/#13.151659,123.756566,14

I think there are a few other areas I've missed. Please check and respond
on this thread if you find anything new. :-)

Still no Boracay. :-p

Cheers!
Eugene