[talk-ph] Possible use of MapBox satellite imagery for tracing?

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 22:15:55 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

I asked MapBox and as I suspected, the current satellite imagery is not
cleared for tracing into OSM:
http://support.mapbox.com/discussions/general-questions/18094-tracing-mapbox-satellite-in-osm

Their current plan is to provide worldwide satellite coverage up to zoom
level 17 from DigitalGlobe. This should be available for tracing into OSM
using the official TMS URL that is included in iD and JOSM. Currently they
have this level of detail for the US, and soon for Western Europe. The rest
of the world should follow before the end of 2013:

http://www.mapbox.com/help/#help-satellite