[talk-ph] DPWH 2012 Road Data

Rally de Leon ralleon at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 02:02:15 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 9:43 AM, maning sambale
<emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com>wrote:

> Nice! The surface type (concrete, asphalt) is good data we can add in OSM,
> unfortunately, the disclaimer pdf has very strict copyright restrictions.
>
> Maning Sambale (mobile)

Maning,
it's obviously OSM basemap under the Baguio jpg right? in fact get a copies
as proof in the future. How does copyright works? Enlighten us. I
understand if they add new info on top of that OSM map, then they're
obligated to share the new info back to OSM? I guess the dpwh's copyright
restriction was just a copy&paste thing.

I say let DPWH use it more on their projects silently, so that we'll have
more proof..., and then it's easier to officially negotiate for sharing of
government data in the future (give & take arrangements). :-)