[talk-ph] [HOT] Typhoon Haiyan Mapping Progress

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 17:23:02 UTC 2013

Thank you to everyone who has helped in mapping the affected areas.

Here are some statistics taken from OSMstats:
http://osmstats.altogetherlost.com/index.php?item=countries&country=Philippines

There have been about 120,000 nodes that have been added in the Philippines
in the past 2 days. Though I don't have the exact numbers, that probably
translates to around 20,000 buildings. The rest would be new roads, rivers,
landuses, and improved coastlines.

There have been at least 60 mappers editing in the Philippines in the last
2 days. The previous spike in the number of editors was in mid-October
after the 7.2 earthquake that hit Bohol (http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/326).