[talk-ph] Save the Date!

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 23:00:11 UTC 2013

Hello all,

Here's the list of apps that have been submitted to the competition:
http://philippine-transit.hackathome.com/participating-apps/

>From here, 10 will be selected as the finalists and the winners will be
awarded on October 14.

I've browsed through the apps and several of them make use of OSM:

1. Para - http://philippine-transit.hackathome.com/para/ - "A commuter
assistance application for Metro Manila, Philippines. Uses OpenStreetMap
(OSM), and OpenTripPlanner (OTP) and GTFS data for Metro Manila."

2. Moovit - http://philippine-transit.hackathome.com/moovit/ - I've seen
Moovit people editing in OSM in the Philippines (usually adding
foot-related tags to major roads in Metro Manila, such as
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/17986549)

3. PtA2PtB - http://philippine-transit.hackathome.com/pta2ptb/ - Uses OSM
as a base map layer and the Android OSM tool library called OSMDroid

4. PasaHero - http://philippine-transit.hackathome.com/pasahero-2/ - Uses
MapQuest Open as the base map layer

5. The Navigator -
http://philippine-transit.hackathome.com/the-navigator-2/- Uses OSM as a
base map

Almost all of the apps are either mobile apps for Android, iOS, or Windows
Mobile, or SMS-based applications.

Of the web-based apps, I'm most impressed with Sakay.ph - http://sakay.ph/
However it doesn't use any OSM data, and has opted to use Google APIs. But
their mapping library is the open-source Leaflet. :)

Eugene