[talk-ph] Humanitarian (HOT) map style on the main map

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Tue Oct 8 06:57:57 UTC 2013

Hi Eugene,

Actually a lot of the items in the HOT style are pretty generic and
not specific to HOT. For example the style zooms down to level 20, so
in areas that are very dense you can visualize more of the points of
interest.

One thing I'm interested in is seeing if there are ways to make the
style more universal. Meaning the focus for this style was a project
in Haiti and it has been tested a bit in parts of Africa. Are there
features or icons that would make it more universal? For example we
were discussing how a hamburger icon for fast food isn't necessarily
obvious to everyone.

Best,

Kate