[talk-ph] Portable USB for OSM editing

Jim Morgan jim at datalude.com
Tue Oct 8 07:18:21 UTC 2013

tutubi wrote, On Tuesday, 08 October, 2013 02:37 PM:
> i think this is what i need
> i uninstalled flash on my laptop as it's too unstable and a security nightmare
> i can't use Potlatch :(

The USB stick uses JOSM and therefore Java, not Flash.

Java is still reasonably safe to use on a PC, but you're strongly recommended to disable the browser plugin as that is the main attack vector. So you can still use JOSM/Java on your PC, with or without the USB stick.

Jim

P.S. They named a Bicycle Sharing project after you: http://cleanairinitiative.org/portal/node/12100
:-)

--

    datalude: information security
    e: jim at datalude.com
    Philippines: +63 2 403 1311 / mob: +63 917 849 3939
    Hong Kong: +852 5125 3392
    w: http://www.datalude.com/