[talk-ph] Open Data Philippines

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 13:27:26 UTC 2013

More information I got yesterday.  This is part of the governmentis
program on open governance and transparency.  By mid of November this
year, they plan to roll out the website releasing ~400 datasets.  They
are also planning to host a hackathon to explore possibilities on how
the public can utilize the date.

Personal comment below:
1. What about the Freedom of Information Bill.  Isn't it better if we
have the law as a framework for this open governance and sharing of
government data?
2. APIs are good but I do hope they publish raw bulk downloads.