[talk-ph] tagging questions

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 10:29:35 UTC 2013

Hi,

Below are some tagging questions we experienced during the trainings.
I am sending it here for further discussions and hopefully agreements.

Landuse
- How to map adjacent landuse types?  For those separated by roads, do
we use the same nodes as the other landuse?  I personally prefer to
separate the landuse areas if there is a road but I'm open to other
suggestions.
- Is it better to use relations? From a data perspective landuse
polygons should be relation multipolygons however, the concept of
using relations is very hard to teach for newbies?

What tag to use for:
- Fishponds (currently we use landuse=farm; crop=fish)
- Poultry farms

Waterway tagging
- Difference between rivers, streams and irrigation canals