[talk-ph] recommended csv format

Rally de Leon ralleon at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 05:16:03 UTC 2013

Thank you for your answers. It looks like the Lat-Long wins :-)

Yes, its more natural to read in lat-long order. I checked with some paper
records of the Bureau of Lands Location Monuments (BLLM), they too have
Latitude/Northings Longitude/Eastings columns. Googe Earth uses it.

Maybe the only reason why some technical people and gis programs use
long-lat format is don't want to reverse the order of x-y coordinate on
their data list. I'm dropping KMLCSV Converter from my preferred utilities
to recommend to lay people (too bad i love its simplicity, and can launch
Garmin POI loader from within - no big deal)