[talk-ph] Tactical Pilotage Charts available as a Layer for JOSM

Mark Cupitt markcupitt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 06:55:38 UTC 2014

Dear All

We have just made the Tactical Pilotage Charts available for Humanitarian
Tracing and because I am in the Philippines, we decided to make them
available to Philippine Mappers Free of Charge. Whilst the maps are public
domain, our server costs are not, but hopefully this will help philippine
mappers to some degree by serving as a good reference for major roads water
bodies and places, etc.

To see them on line, go to http://disasternet.org Click on the Map Icon
(Click to Start), choose Menu -> Crisis -> TPC's

To access the layer in JOSM, add a WMS Layer with service url of

http://topo.disasternet.org/?

 ... (including the "?" in the end, no additional spaces)

and choose the World Statistical Pilotage Maps (Humanitarian Use Only)
Option then click Ok

You can then choose it as a background layer from the imagery Menu

We do reserve the right to remove it of the use gets too high, but I think
it will handle the load with JOSM caching with no issues

FYI, we hope to have the philippine Topos available at some stage as well,
but I am strung for time for trimming and geo - referencing them, if anyone
could help out, I would appreciate it. Let me know

Cheers

Mark Cupitt

"If we change the world, let it bear the mark of our intelligence"

See me on LinkedIn <http://ph.linkedin.com/in/markcupitt>

*See me on StackExchange <http://gis.stackexchange.com/users/17846/mark-c>*

The contents of this email are intended only for the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed and may contain
recipient, you must not disclose, copy, distribute,
or use the contents of this email. If you have received this email in
error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete the email and any attachments.